Monday, October 21, 2013

Remember When All You Said was "Oi" to Everyone?

Oi family!

I really need to stop saying ´´oi´´. One of the members the other day, after being shocked that I could actually give a spiritual thought, came up to me and said, ´´hey, remember how when you first got here, all you said was oi! to everyone?´´ How embarrassing..

Well, the work is progressing! We baptized Artur this week. He´s 12 and really funny and charasmatic. We didn´t even need to integrate him into the church because he made friends on his own.

We´re working right now with two really awesome girls, Renata and Evelin. Evelin is studying to become a doctor right now and loves to read, so it´s fun talking about that stuff with her. Renata is just so sweet and speaks English pretty well. When I´m teaching a lesson and don´t know a word or how to say something, I ask her in English and she helps me out. I love it! More than anything, though, I feel the spirit so strongly in our lessons with these girls. PMG talks about finding the ´´elect´´ that are ready to hear the gospel, and I know it´s referring to them. Evelin didn´t believe in God when we first met her and Renata has some problems with the commandments, but ever since they attended General Conference, their testimonies have just been growing exponentially. I´m really blessed to be able to be a part of it.

Transfers are this week, and I´m staying with my companion in our area. It´s still pretty rough sometimes, but I know there are things I need to learn from her, so I will persevere!

I swear, I have a ton of pictures, but for some reason, the computer never reads my card. I´ll figure it out one day..

I love you all and really appreciate your prayers and letters, A LOT!!

Much love from Brazil,
Sister Barkdull

No comments:

Post a Comment