Monday, August 26, 2013

Celestial Kingdom of Runners



Sister Barkdull at the MTC, stolen from a fellow Sister's blog.
 
 
Hey family!
So, I don't have a lot of time to email this week because I just spent half an hour ranting to my mom about how my companion doesn't run. I love her though! When we're all perfected and go to the celestial kingdom of runners, she'll remember how awesome running is and be sad she wasted so much time not doing it.
Well, this week was definitely a growing week. I'm still growing from it. We're teaching a family of 4 girls who I love dearly, but they seem to have plateaued, and I don't know what else I can do to help them. I kind of hope I get transferred now so they have a better chance at gaining a testimony.

We had some really rough lessons with some less actives and some really good ones with others. Honestly, people just need to be loved. I really feel like when we truly love people, they remember how Christ and Heavenly Father feel about them and it cracks open that door to heaven. They begin to not only remember their relationship with Christ and Heavenly Father, but all they came here to do and be. The gospel makes sense because we all knew it and agreed to the plan before we came to earth. It's not new.

We had "return and report" this week in Utica. We got to pick up some elders on our way in Ithica, and with school starting again, it was fun to be around Cornell and see all the college kids. Made me miss BYU a little.. On our way home, though, our TomTom kept trying to get us to take these two track dirt roads. Well, we tried one and got stuck in a cow pie next to a field of corn in the middle of no where. We got out okay and took some good pictures too, haha.

Well, that's all I've got to say about that!

I love you all and hope all is well!

Muito amor!

Sister Barkdull

No comments:

Post a Comment